Hello, Sunday lovers!
If you’re reading this, you have NO clue how grateful I am for you! Today is my 26th birthday and I could CRY thinking back on this last year and how year 25 was such a whirlwind year and definitely one I NEVER want to forget! If you’ve been following along for the last year, seriously, I LOVE YOU, and I hope you know we are basically besties. :)
On this exact day last year I was in Argentina, eating steak and talking about how I couldn't wait to get back home and sign my 5 year lease of where On Next Sunday now is. Yeah 5 years, (I’m insane).
As I’m reflecting back on this year I though I would share a couple things I learned and realized:
- I learned that you indeed can rent a commercial space, with not much credit, and not much idea of what you're doing.
- I realized that you have to be a little naive what opening a business, otherwise all of the WHAT IFs will freak you out, and you wont go through with it.
- I learned that when someone says 2 months, they usually mean 4.
- I learned that everyone has an opinion, listen to them all, but really trust your own.
- I learned to read contracts, before signing them :)
- I learned that a 2 star google review, feels like someone is being mean to your favorite kid, but to realize you can’t please them all.
- I learned that first impressions are extremely important.
- I learned that I really suck at sweeping.
- I learned that locksmiths are super expensive.
- I learned that some days (lots of days) you will have no sales, or even people walk in your door, and how to not freak out, everyone goes through it.
- I learned that I am so grateful to have tools such as social media, while trying to grow a business.